Seaton Village is located west of downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is named after John Colborne, 1st Baron Seaton, Lieutenant-Governor of Upper Canada from 1828 to 1836. Seaton Village is bordered by Bloor Street to the south, the Canadian Pacific Railway (C.P.R.) tracks to the north, Christie Street to the west, and Bathurst Street to the east. It is within the broader ‘The Annex’ neighbourhood, as defined by the City of Toronto. Although the Koreatown shopping district is at its southern border, it is sometimes referred to as the “West Annex”. While Seaton Village shares several characteristics with the area to the east (notably its architecture), it is generally quieter, more family-oriented, and with smaller, less expensive homes.
The area is primary semi-detached single family homes dating to the start of the 20th century. Most are either of solid brick construction, while some have a facade of brick. Most of the trees planted at the same time as the houses were built are still standing. Vermont Square Park is near the centre of Seaton Village. The park has a playground that was totally rebuilt in 2012, as well as off-leash dog park hours. St. Albans Boys and Girls club and the Bill Bolton hockey arena are also located in the park. There are also several small businesses located along Dupont Street, with a Loblaws supermarket located on the northeast corner of Christie and Dupont. It is served by two Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) subway stations: Bathurst and Christie. Buses run north from both stations, and buses run along Dupont.